Articles and references in the international and Greek press
The value, special properties and excellent quality of our wines has been recognized by the media. Almost all Greek high circulation Sunday and daily newspapers have dedicated several articles to our Estate. In addition, travel guides, portals and blogs on the web. There have also been references to Afianes Estate in many international media, such as “The Independent”, “The Guardian” and the “Washington Post”, ”Ιnspirock”, ”Lonely Planet” in articles dedicated to our beautiful island.
ALATI KAI PIPERI
GREEK GASTRONOMY GUIDE
- In 2020 in the “Sommelier Wines Awards” competition in London https://www.sommelierwineawards.com/winners/winners-2020 we gold medal for Litani Begleri 2019
- In 2020 in the “Sommelier Wines Awards” competition in London https://www.sommelierwineawards.com/winners/winners-2020 we gold medal for Icarus Black 2016.
- In 2019 in the international competition of organic wines in amphorae in Paris http://www.concoursamphore.fr/les-palmares-du-concours-amphore/ we won the Bronze Medal for the Pithari Red 2018
- In 2018 in the international competition of organic wines in amphorae in Paris we won the Silver Medal for the Pithari White 2018.
- In November 2014 the Wine Spectator magazine (http://www.winespectator.com), the most influential source of wine information internationally, reviewed our BEGLERI of the year 2013 and rated it 89/100 (http://www.winespectator.com/wine/detail/note_id/374918, http://www.winespectator.com/wines/list/id/50637)
- In summer 2013 Robert Parker’s internationally prestigious Consumer’s Guide to Fine Wines, “Wine Advocate” (https://www.erobertparker.com), rated reviewed the Afianes Estate BEGLERI and rated it 87/100. (https://www.winfieldflynn.com/wines/Afianes-Begleri-Ikaria-2013-w31579431p)
- In summer 2012 the accomplished European Wine Guide “Wein Plus” (http://www.wein-plus.eu/en/Wine+Guide_2.html), awarded TAMA 2008 with a rating 86/100 and BEGLERI with a rating 84/100. (http://www.wein-plus.eu/en/Afianes+Wines_2.0.3289.0.5088.0.65714.html)
- In spring 2010 in the International Wine Challenge of London (IWC – http://www.internationalwinechallenge.com), the most influential wine competition in the world, our wine TAMA (Wine Naturally Sweet, 18,2%) was awarded the 4th place and was characterized “COMMENTED” among 11.000 participants from all over the world.(http://www.internationalwinechallenge.com/canopy/beverage_details.php?wid=22606)
- A year before that, in May 2009 our wine BEGLERI (Wine Dry White) also got the 4th place in the I.W.C. and it was characterized “COMMENTED” among 9.000 participants. (http://www.internationalwinechallenge.com/canopy/search_results.php?page=513&wpcat=WineTab.S)